Fox Sports Prime Ticket
Join us for our interactive live chat below!
Orlando @ Clippers
Not expecting to win this one. If Dunleavy wants to win this game, he needs to do the following:
1. Run offense thru Thornton more often.
2. Play Collins & Skinner for 20 min.each.
3. Bench Kaman if he acts deficient.
4. Call timeout & make changes to lineup when things go out of control.
5. Don’t take a sleeping pill early, wait till 11pm.
1. I dont think thats a good recipe. Relying on Al to carry the team right now isnt the smartest of moves when we have to adapt to Blake coming back. The more we make Al our #1 option, the more problems we’re gonna have when all that changes with the introduction of our super rook. I’d be giving touches to Eric and whoever is hot in the paint between Camby and Kaman since thats going to be how we play when we have a fully healthy team.
2. Playing Collins and Skinner is just stupid. The worst and the oldest guys on the team that have no part to play past this season. Those 20 mins should go to DeAndre, Telfair and/or Rhino instead. Collins and Skinner are just filler this season and both of them probably wont be signed by anyone next year.
3. Benching Kaman if hes having a “slow” night I agree with. Force feeding him the ball to score 24 points on 20 attempts isnt the solution but we seem to do it a lot. Give another big guy a chance to work some magic if Kaman is off.
4. Id just change this to “trust in the second unit” and let them learn through their mistakes. This is a big game, these are big minutes, and these guys need to know what kind of pressure they need to play under in order to keep these kind of games competitive. Just stay consistent in the rotation and with the plays, no knee jerk substitutions and crazy back of the book plays with seconds on the clock.
5. This is a goal game, meaning the team shouldnt expect a win but should set goals on what they want to accomplish against the Magic. That way the loss doesnt hurt and it becomes a learning experience for everyone and theres something positive to take away from it. They might even win if they just follow their assignments and dont let the pressure of the game get to them. They should focus on making stops, denying D-Howard room to move inside and closing out on the shooters with the kick outs. If they can disrupt the offense and deny easy buckets, they might get into this game.
6. Id personally like to see better clock management from the team. Protecting leads, being patient, looking for high percentage shots, and less chucks from outside with 15+ seconds left.
Clippers in the fourth quarter: straight outta momentum.
Damn this is going to be hard to win
Hello again my friends.
the Magic are good…..
but we lost that 4th quarter like always….
not scoring like if we were playing against 5 wilt chamberlains or something
We couldn’t get anything with double the attempts
Dislike seeing them continue to lose games in the fourth quarter; Gordon disappeared completely. Defense looked solid, though – and I did like to see Thornton crashing the boards, going for blocks, and playing with some confidence.
I would give up 2010 cap space if you told me we cold get a player that can help us off the bench tonight
I would too; I don’t believe we’ll sign anyone significant if we have space
honestly.. i can see Kaman being a better PF as long as Camby is playing alongside him
but back to the game… I LIKE HOW THE DUNZ TAKES OUT JORDAN WHO WAS GIVING HOWARD A HARD TIME…VERY LITTLE NOVAK, NO COLLINS, NO SKINNER (you might as well put him in for once) and NO R. DAVIS
and yes Butler completely ruined the momentum big time i was pissed off..
Straight outta Crapton!
Pre-October 29, 2008 Archives