Found Objects – 8.1.2011
• Henry Abbott of TrueHoop had an over-the-phone interview with Blake Griffin on Friday. Between discussing surfing, playing overseas and endorsement deals, it’s quite a fascinating interview. Here’s a short excerpt pertaining to the Clippers:
So one of the things I’ve noticed in the last year or so is people kind of openly going after your owner. I’ve never met the man. Do you feel defensive of him? Have you noticed what I’m talking about?
I definitely have noticed. It’s a product of what’s happened over the past however many years. It happens.
To be honest, I don’t what to say. Honestly I can’t really sit and defend him, just because I don’t know what has gone on. I know from the outside looking in. But for me right now I like the way the team is headed, and I like the things we’ve done. To me, that’s the focus, what’s happening from here on out, not what’s happened over the past however-many years.
What’s a reasonable goal for this team next season?
Honestly, I think a reasonable goal is to make the playoffs. That will be our goal. It’s going to take time, it’s not going to happen over night. But the experience we have now … I think the key for us is just to stay healthy.
What are you working on this summer?
My shot. Doing a lot of shooting. Mid-range, face-up, pick-and-roll, all kinda shooting. Just getting to the point where I’m completely comfortable just adding that to my arsenal.
• Mike Prada of SB Nation examines the 1993 L.A. Clippers playoff battles against the Houston Rockets.
• According to NewsOK, while in Oklahoma for his first ever basketball camp, Blake Griffin will be hosting a charity bowling event.
• Pedro Moura of ESPN LA takes a look at the Drew League’s regular season finale.
Latest posts by Jovan Buha (see all)
- DeAndre Jordan is finally getting the attention he deserves with Team USA – July 25, 2016
- 5 things: Clippers continue domination of Lakers – January 9, 2015
- Team friction? Rivers: ‘It doesn’t matter’ – January 2, 2015