Found Objects – 8.2.2011
• CBSSports.com’s Eye On Basketball Staff is compiling a list of the top 100 players in the NBA (they’ve only released #100-#91 thus far). We know Blake, EJ, Kaman and possibly Mo will make the list. What comes as (somewhat of) a surprise is that DJ made the list at #92 (as the general public doesn’t know his capabilities). Here’s their reasoning:
92. DeAndre Jordan, C, Age 23, Los Angeles Clippers
2011 Stats: 7.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 1.8 bpg, 14.8 PER, 16.5 TRR
Composite rankings (random order): unranked, 93, 77
Jordan is expected to be one of the top restricted free agents when the lockout is resolved. Next to Blake Griffin, Jordan came into his own, as a defensive presence able to capitalize on his all-world athleticism for once. His numbers won’t jump off the page at you, but Jordan wound up as a top 10 defender among the most active post defenders according to Synergy Sports. He has good defensive instincts and his per 36 numbers (10 points, 10 rebounds) extrapolate well for a larger role. Wherever he goes, even if he stays in La La Land, Jordan has a bright future as kind of “Tyson Chandler without the hype.” His freakish athletic frame has been augmented by a considerable amount of weight lifting, and now the kid’s a beast.
At just 23, Jordan represents the hope that the great defensive center is not yet dead.
Latest posts by Jovan Buha (see all)
- Assessing Chris Paul’s injury and what it means for the Clippers – January 19, 2017
- DeAndre Jordan is finally getting the attention he deserves with Team USA – July 25, 2016
- 5 things: Clippers continue domination of Lakers – January 9, 2015