Found Objects – 8.6.2011
• Jon Wertheim of S.I.com interviews Keith Closs and discusses how his drinking problems affected his NBA career:
In August 1997, the undrafted Closs signed a five-year, $8.5 million contract with the Clippers after a stint in the Atlantic Basketball Association and strong performances with the Lakers’ and Trail Blazers’ summer league teams. Though he put up modest numbers, he didn’t want for confidence. As he once put it to Sports Illustrated: “People have lots of misconceptions about my game, but when we face off, I usually show ’em what the deal is.” He was averaging 4.3 points and 2.9 rebounds a game at the time. He bickered with coaches. He was short-tempered. He was suspended multiple times.
“People thought of me as uncoachable with a bad attitude,” he said. “That was the drinking.”
• Who doesn’t want to see Darius Miles’ mugshot?
Latest posts by Jovan Buha (see all)
- DeAndre Jordan is finally getting the attention he deserves with Team USA – July 25, 2016
- 5 things: Clippers continue domination of Lakers – January 9, 2015
- Team friction? Rivers: ‘It doesn’t matter’ – January 2, 2015