Found Objects – 8.12.2011
• Zach McCann of the Orlando Sentinel ranked Blake Griffin the sixth best power forward in the league:
Power forward ranking: 6th
Current team: L.A. Clippers
Age on Nov. 1, 2011: 22
Seasons with current team/in NBA: 1/1
2010-11 regular-season stats: 82 G, 38.0 mpg, .506 fg%, .292 3p%, .642 ft%, 22.5 ppg, 12.1 rpg, 3.8 apg
2010-11 advanced regular-season stats*: .549 ts%, .508 efg%, 18.6 trb%, 111 ortg, 107 drtg, 21.9 PER
Contract status: Under contract through the 2013-14 season, with a team option for 2012-13 and a qualifying offer for 2013-14.
Strengths: Griffin’s rookie season surpassed even his biggest fans’ expectations, dominating highlight videos while also scoring and rebounding at a high level. Griffin is one of the league’s most athletic big men, yet he can dribble and pass better than many small forwards. He possesses a polished all-around game – if he continues to improve — that should net several NBA first-team honors and MVP consideration for years.
Weaknesses: Griffin didn’t make a grand impact on the defensive side of the ball. He should take a lesson from Dwight Howard and start improving his ‘D’ if he wants to truly become an all-around player. His jumper will need to improve, and it probably will.
The future: The Clippers hope to build around Griffin, who has potential to be the franchise’s biggest superstar ever.
• Here’s an EJ interview from the Indiana Pro Am league a few days ago:
• Looking ahead to the next six free agent classes, including DJ (’11), EJ (’12), and Blake (’13).
• Former Clipper Draft Picks and what happened to them (2006 edition), courtesy of ClipsNation.
• Check out Ryan Gomes’ new tattoo (it reads “Truly Blessed”):
Latest posts by Jovan Buha (see all)
- DeAndre Jordan is finally getting the attention he deserves with Team USA – July 25, 2016
- 5 things: Clippers continue domination of Lakers – January 9, 2015
- Team friction? Rivers: ‘It doesn’t matter’ – January 2, 2015