Found Objects – 8.13.11
• SLAM sits down with EJ and talks about this summer, the lockout and of course, Blake Griffin. Here are a few questions:
SLAM: You guys seem to have a nice young core on the Clippers with you, Blake and DeAndre Jordan. Are you hoping the team can keep you guys together?
EG: I think it needs to happen for us to be a really good team. You see all these other teams who have guys playing together their entire careers and they stayed really good. We’re really young—been in the League three or four years and we’re still only 22 or 23.
SLAM: If we do have a season this year, what should we expect from you?
EG: An All-Star-caliber player from now on. That’s what I’m striving for and I have high expectations.
SLAM: Do you think you’re right there, as far as ready to make the next step in becoming an All-Star?
EG: Oh yeah, for sure. I ran into a lot of injuries last year and if I have a healthy season I should be fine.
• Add facing off with No. 2 overall pick Derrick Williams in a pick-up game to Blake’s list of summer activities.
• Ken Rosenthal examines Curtis Granderson’s problem with the way baseball is marketed (when compared to basketball and football):
Within days of Blake Griffin’s victory in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest, automaker Kia released a commercial showing Griffin jumping over one of its cars for the winning dunk. Granderson’s Yankees teammate, Robinson Cano, did not get the same treatment for winning this year’s Home Run Derby.
Latest posts by Jovan Buha (see all)
- 5 things: Clippers ‘needed’ rout of Pistons amid tough stretch – December 17, 2014
- 5 things: Clips use hot shooting to torch Wolves – December 2, 2014
- 5 things: Clips finally put it together vs. Suns – November 16, 2014