Found Objects – 8.14.2011
• SI.com ranked Eric Gordon de-commiting from Illinois to Indiana as one of the 10 most painful of the past five recruiting classes:
Star recruit Eric Gordon verbally committed to the Bruce Weber-led squad at Illinois in fall 2005. But it wasn’t long after the hiring of new Indiana coach Kelvin Sampson that rumors began to swirl that Gordon was turning his attention to the Hoosiers. On Oct. 13, Gordon switched his commitment. On Nov. 8, he signed with Indiana. The one-and-done freshman set IU’s scoring record with 669 points and was drafted in 2008 by the Clippers.
• J.A. Adande examines this year’s Hall of Fame class and how rare it’s inductees are (Chris Kaman sighting!):
Mullin, who once wore a cheap-Halloween-costume-bedsheet-style ghost outfit for a Sports Illustrated photo (see page 54 of this issue) also represents another vanishing breed: the white, American-born basketball star. Mullin was selected to the All-Star team five times in his career. Since 2003 there have been a total of five appearances by American-born white players in the All-Star Game: Kevin Love (2011), Chris Kaman (2010), David Lee (2010) and Brad Miller (2003 and 2004).
• Eric Bledsoe will be coming off the bench for Kentucky in their match-up with the Coach Calipari lead Dominican Republican national team.
• TBJ’s Trey Kerby gives ideas for Amar’e Stoudemire’s children book (Goodnight Jamario Moon).
Latest posts by Jovan Buha (see all)
- 5 things: Clippers ‘needed’ rout of Pistons amid tough stretch – December 17, 2014
- 5 things: Clips use hot shooting to torch Wolves – December 2, 2014
- 5 things: Clips finally put it together vs. Suns – November 16, 2014