Found Objects – 8.20.2011
• At 3 p.m. Pacific today, the much anticipated match-up between LA’s Drew League and D.C.’s Goodman League will take place. As you know, the Clippers’ Craig “Rhino” Smith will be representing his hometown of LA. The game wouldn’t be taking place, though, if it weren’t for Kevin Durant. And if you haven’t read it yet, be sure to check out Beckley Mason’s TrueHoop piece on the Goodman League’s commissioner Miles Rawls.
• ClipperBlog’s founding father Kevin Arnovitz explores the different options the NBA would have for determining the draft lottery in case the entire season is lost. Spoiler alert: one option may have no Draft at all.
• SB Nation’s Mike Prada ranks the NBA’s coaches #1-#30. Vinny Del Negro came in at 26th, which ranked dead last among coaches with prior head coaching experience (Tyrone Corbin, Kevin McHale and Mark Jackson were placed in TBD due to either little or no head coaching experience; the T-Wolves currently don’t have a coach).
“We’re playing the Knicks and I was walking back. It was a timeout, walking back to a free throw. You know how guys line up on the free throw line. And like, I had this horrible, horrible gas that whole game and so I let it go as I was walking back … And I line up, and look over and one of them is like, ‘Oh my gosh, what is that?’ And I looked at him and I was so worried that everybody was going to catch on, so I was like, ‘Who did that? Oh my god! Are you serious?’”
• Chris Kaman had an impressive 17 points and 9 rebounds in a German victory over Belgian (although Dirk had to correct some of Kaman’s movements).
• Randy Foye is the league’s 46th worst role player, because he’s not Willie Green.
• After Blake expressed displeasure with his iPhone via Twitter, Director of Windows Phone Apps Brandon Watson proposed him “The Windows Phone Challenge”… and Blake accepted it.
• Mark your calendars folks. On Saturday August 27th, Blake Griffin will be attending the Oklahoma Sooner alumni basketball game.