Found Objects – 10.20.2011
• Blake Griffin was forced to pull out of an Oklahoma City exhibition game because of a cut on his right foot. The game is co-headlined by Kevin Durant, LeBron James and Chris Paul.
• Because of his injury, Griffin’s participation in a late October/early November exhibition tour featuring most of the NBA’s top stars (Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Derrick Rose, Carmelo Anthony and many others) seems to be in serious doubt. The tour will be making stops in Puerto Rico, London, Macau, and Australia.
• Who are the NBA’s most overpaid and underpaid players compared to their #NBArank? ESPN’s Larry Coon examines what players should be making compared to their current salaries (Blake and EJ ranked seventh and ninth, respectively).
• With the lockout strong and steady, what is Vinny Del Negro to do? The L.A. Times’ Helene Elliot says all Vinny can do is wait:
Every few years they seem to be on the brink of something good but get derailed by injuries, fleeing free agents or ineptitude. This season seemed different — they’ve never had a player debut as monstrously as Griffin did — but their attempt to reach those ever-elusive better days has been delayed while league executives and the players’ union argue over luxury taxes and percentages of revenue.
Rarely has a Clippers coach had as much reason to look forward to a season as Vinny Del Negro has now. But there are no practices for him to run, no new game film to analyze. His internal clock says he should be conducting chalk talks for players. The league’s lockout rules say he and other coaches can’t talk to — or about — any of those players.
• You think jumping over a Kia was impressive? Then check out Blake Griffin’s latest stunt dunk.
• Eric Gordon doesn’t see the players giving into the owners any time soon, according to the AP.
• Chris Kaman’s brother was recently visited the ER after injuring his shoulder in a pick-up game. Kaman tweeted out a picture, but never updated us on the situation (look at Kaman in deep thought).
Latest posts by Jovan Buha (see all)
- DeAndre Jordan is finally getting the attention he deserves with Team USA – July 25, 2016
- 5 things: Clippers continue domination of Lakers – January 9, 2015
- Team friction? Rivers: ‘It doesn’t matter’ – January 2, 2015