The Clippers have released the roster that head coach Robert Pack will have at his disposal when they open up Summer League play in Vegas next Monday, July 16.
As we’ve covered, the group will be headlined by Eric Bledsoe, entering his third season in the league, as well as Trey Thompkins and Travis Leslie — both of whom were deprived of Summer League as 2nd-round picks last year. Both in the short and long term, the development of these three, especially Bledsoe and Thompkins, could be considered the primary objective of their time in Sin City.
There are some other interesting names rounding out the roster, though, including:
- Former #3 overall pick, Adam Morrison, who is trying to make it back into the league after playing last season in Turkey. Our friend D.J. Foster will, no doubt, approve of this development.
- Former #15 pick, Antoine Wright, a 6’7″ wing who could be a candidate to back up Caron Butler.
- Terrico White, an athletic 6’5″ combo guard who spent last year in the D-League, where he shot 40% from 3.
- 6’11” Hilton Armstrong, who I guess has a chance to make the roster as a backup center. He spent last season playing in France, but for his five year NBA career, he shot 50% and averaged nine points and eight rebounds per 36 minutes.
- They gave away their only draft pick, but the Clippers will bring four “rookies” to Vegas, so perhaps they are worth keeping an eye on: Talor Battle, Cameron Moore, Mickey McConnell, and Gary McGhee.