Predictions for the Road trip: Do we beat SA, OKC, BKN, ATL?
we will win all 4 like always, clips are unbeatable right now
Realistically, I think 2-2 because the back to backs are brutal. Ceiling is 3-1 I think.
Blake Griffin sure did look like a top 10 player in the 4th quarter tonight, I’m just sayin’. This team is better on the hardwood, than it is on paper. Dominant!
Couple questions and observations…
1. Isn’t Chauncey expected to return during this upcoming road trip? Does he get inserted into the starting lineup day 1 or comes off the bench? I’m assuming he will start primarily to avoid getting cold on the bench.
2. I’m interested to see if the minutes situation tightens up a bit on the road with games likely to be much closer. I’m thinking we might see a couple 40 minute games from Blake and CP. Thoughts?
3. Do we credit Chicago’s rebounding to the Bulls being a good rebounding team or to the Clippers being out of position on defense? The rebounding issues were really exaggerated tonight. A lot of the offensive rebounds did come from repeated tip in attempts around the basket which probably made the final numbers looks a little worse that it appeared.
4. I’m really liking Bledsoe’s floaters. Tough shot to block and he’s been really accurate with it.
In regards to #2, I don’t think the minutes will see a massive change in distribution for a few reasons:
1. if a game is tight, it’s not as if that’s reason to stop trusting the bench. they bring a different flavor to the game and often times are the ones creating leads
2. long term, the team is better off keeping this rhythm going for minutes; last thing I want to see is a road trip wear out the starters (Blake and Paul specifically). The team has been going with a long term approach on minutes so far, and should keep to it.
I agree to a point. Don’t you also rest your guys for situations where you need to play them extra minutes? They’ve been fortunate to get plenty of rest so far this season plus the breaks in between games has been great to start the season. I’m just thinking that I would rather have DJ or Blake in a little longer than Hollins or Odom running around.
Noticed the offensive rebounding disparity as well. But Chicago got 10 more FG attempts than the Clippers did and shot a pretty awful 33.7%. So I guess they’re just getting a lot more attempts to offensive rebound?
It was a pretty weird game early, I thought. Both teams struggled to score and then LA’s bench came in and basically blew the Bulls out. Not entirely sure what to make of it.
Another thing that Chicago did that was interesting was that high trapping defense in the second half. It kind of threw our bench into a temporary funk mostly because it put the ball in Odom’s hands 30 feet from the basket. It was a nice look and I’d like for the Clippers to use that once a while just to throw the other team off. They used Gibson as one of the trappers which I think Hollins could duplicate somewhat.Then again we might not have the right personnel to make that work. Just a thought.
Will Jordan win some sort of a prize when the Clippers hit 58 wins?
Yes. And I will give it to him.
Ryan Hollins; pleasant surprise aside, it seems to definitely have taken the backup center role… a bit surprising that Turiaf only got a couple minutes tonight.
Odom: shooting percentage aside, seemed like he played more actively today and did well.
When will the offensive rebounding situation get resolved? We would have won by like 30 points if it wasn’t for all the off rebounds! But overall good performance by Blake, he’s getting back to form. Crawford and Bledsoe did their usual damage too!
Holy profanities! Take a look at these stats:
- Every Clipper was a positive, including Odom with +5. The entire Bulls team was a negative.
- FT% of 73.3 versus the Bulls 81.8%. Despite that, Griffin was 80% with 4 makes out of 5.
- Clips lead the steals game again with 10.
- Jordan was on D-mode tonight: 7 D-Rebs, 2 steals and 7 blocked shots!
- Sacrificing 3-point shooting for defense:
* Bulls: 24 D-Rebs, 7 Steals, 4/10 Block Ratio, 2/14 3-pointers
* Clippers: 31 D-Rebs, 10 Steals, 10/4 Block Ratio, 5/16 3-pointers
Once Chauncey comes back, I think the 3-point efficiency rate will stabilize. What was their 3-point percentage stats in the lockout season?
I’m not sure if Jamal Crawford is unstoppable
off the bench this year or the Clippers bench is just too strong… But
from what I can see so far… Having an amazing starting five is only a
marginal advantage over having an amazing bench.
It seems, so far in this early season, teams are throwing in the towel after the second unit just crushes their bench. Playing catch up behind 20+ points is just silly.
As a LA transplant in Brooklyn, I think it’s fair to say there’s far more Veganism, Yoga, and Meditation here than In Los Angeles.
Brooklyn does seem to be pretty hipster….
Those things are healthy hippy-isms. Hipsters eat meat, smoke like chimneys and drink like fishes. But I thought that name calling and personal attacks on cultural affiliations were frowned upon on clipperblog. Don’t fear contemporary trends, lets include not exclude.
Is Andrew Han purposefully having ridiculous hairdos waiting for one of us to notice and say something?
We discuss about the improvements from DJ, Bledsoe, and Griffin; but how about giving it up for the consistent forward progress of the ClipperBlogLive shows. Always enjoy these. Great job guys!
Shouts to Charlie for mentioning the Left Hand Milk Stout. Especially on nitro tap, that’s one scrumptious drink. Is there a place to get it in California?
back to the subject of the clippers. they’re defensive performance last night shot them up to #2 in defensive efficiency. right now the #3 offense and #2 defense. probably won’t stay that way, but can’t knock the effort.
No offense intended, Chinwow. Just some friendly needling on the show. It’d be hypocritical to actually attack the practices mentioned (or any, for that matter) since I participate in most of them. Except for full0time veganism. Too much discipline for me
After this roadtrip, our schedule is pretty much a cakewalk until January.. The 2 hardest games in all of December will be 2 home games vs Denver and Boston.. I think the Clips can go on a big run next month..
did kevin have one too many beers in this episode?
Tweets from @clipperblog/staff
Pre-October 29, 2008 Archives