Chris Paul’s representatives are telling teams not to bother trying to court the 28-year-old free agent because Paul plans to re-sign with the Clippers, according to ESPN’s Chris Broussard. Here’s the full story:
Chris Paul‘s representatives have told teams not even to bother pursuing the point guard when free agency begins Monday because he will re-sign with the Los Angeles Clippers, according to league sources.
Paul’s decision to stay with the Clippers is no surprise, but the latest word from his camp has ended whatever small hope opposing teams had of luring the All-Star, sources said.
Doc Rivers becoming the Clippers’ new head coach and senior vice president of basketball operations earlier this week assured that Paul will remain in Los Angeles, according to sources.
The chances of him leaving the Clippers were slim even before Rivers was named coach, but sources say he had at least entertained the thought of going to the Atlanta Hawks with Dwight Howard, who also will enter free agency Monday.
Latest posts by Fred Katz (see all)
- ClipperBlog Live: 2015 Playoff Preview Show – April 16, 2015
- 3-on-3: Los Angeles Clippers at Chicago Bulls – March 1, 2015
- ClipperBlog Observations: Injuries, Blake and a look-back at Jared Dudley – February 14, 2015