Reports are that a sample of Kenny Norman's earwax went for $110 and that the Red Sox jersey Howie Mandel used to wear around St. Elsewhere fetched $325.
Why haven't I offered any comment on Tuesday night's preseason game at USAC? Well, there would've been plenty of material had I seen the game or even some general morsels of insight had I heard the game on radio, but unless you get KTAR, there wasn't any live coverage.
So I went to dinner.
What can we glean from the box score?
Oh, you know -
- The Clippers turned the ball over 20 times. (bad)
- Shaun went 7-9 from the field, hitting 3-3 from 16 feet and beyond. (good)
- Maggette was still a monster on the boards, 12 rebounds in 23 minutes. (wowzo) And the team in whole dominated the glass (LAC 50, PHX 31)
- With questions about how much he refined his outside shot, Quinton Ross hit 5-6 from the field, 2-3 from 16 and beyond. (good)
- Clippers recorded only 11 assists, not enough for a team that racked up 38 FGs. (bad)
- 3PFG still weak, 1-6 beyond the arc. (cause for concern)
But without visual, or even audio, aids, this stuff merely exists in a vacuum. I'm TIVOing tonight's game at Staples and will have some pedestrian, overstated observations tomorrow - and even more so after I attend Saturday's barnburner against Seattle where the whole world will see Bob Weiss roll out his new Robert Swift sets.