Cramming code into the sports world - deep inside a defunct power plant...
Posted by Justin on Wed, 06/28/06, 06:12pm:
- Now I'm befuddled. What's really going on with this seven for six after the fact trade. Is this something like buyers remorse? Why not pick the player you really want?! The cash considerations must be good.
- Pick 10 - Steven A. Smith finally makes a good point. Why waste the number ten pick on someone you aren't even going to sign for a while? It's not like Seattle couldn't use some help right now.
- Pick 11 - I'm excited to see how Redick works out in the NBA. The NBA could certainly use some shooters and I think he may be ready to contribute right away. However, if he works to improve in the NBA as much as he did in college, he'll certainly contribute down the road.
- Pick 12 - I guess it's good to be tall. Hilton Armstrong barely contributed in college and not really at all until last year. His pre-draft workouts were apparently good though. It's funny that a couple weeks of "tryouts" can sometimes mean way more than years of playing basketball.
- Pick 13 - How many trades are there going to be today? Anybody know the record for the highest number of draft day trades? If things continue at this rate, whole teams will be traded. "Minnesota trades the Timberwolves to Portland in exchange for the Blazers and cash considerations."
- Pick 15 - Cedric Simmons is a quality player, but he could've use another year in the college game.