Servicing all of your taco truck needs...
Posted by Justin on Wed, 06/28/06, 05:28pm:
- Pick 1 - Wouldn't it be refreshing if when asked what the best thing about being the number one pick, the player answered "the pussy."
- Pick 3 - Does Adam Morrison's mustache bother anyone else as much as it does me? The peach fuzz has just got to go.
- Pick 4 - In my opinion Tyrus Thomas is the most overrated player in the draft. He wasn't even the best player on his own team much less a top five pick. I'm not saying he doesn't have potential, but he's just not NBA ready yet.
- Pick 5 - Alright, alright, alright! A college senior has made it back into the top five. Every team could use a great defensive bigman who is ready to contribute right away, but this is especially true of the Hawks. There is an overemphasis on picking potential stars in the NBA. What happened to putting a TEAM together? Sure, every team needs a star, but every team needs defense and rebounding as well.
- Pick 6 - Another senior! I guess this means that the Marco Jaric trade didn't work out so well for the Timberwolves.
- Pick 7 - Telfair for Foye isn't a bad trade if you ask me. Not only that, but the Blazers get a nice return on their investment. In two years, they've turned a thirteen pick into seven and he hasn't even contributed that much in the process.
- Pick 8 - Rudy Gay certainly has a lot of upside, but the Memphis trade seems crazy to me. Shane Battier (a six pick) has done nothing but play hard and contribute every night for four years and now he's being traded for a number eight pick?! Okay, I'm Duke biased, but still.