1. Being closer to family. My wife (Shahara) is from Newark, N.J. and I'm from Peekskill, N.Y. We're expecting our first child soon so it's good to have a family support group reasonably close by.
2. The passion of the Philadelphia fans. That can propel you to winning. We have our own city; we're not sharing it with the Lakers. Los Angeles is definitely a Lakers town, and with all their success they deserve it. But Philly has its own titles and tradition and Dr. J. Being part of all that is really an honor.
3. No paparazzi! Here, we had to call a press conference to get our pictures taken.
4. The Philly cheesesteaks. They're everywhere here, even in the five-star restaurants. But that's a good thing and a bad thing. I have to stay away from them till the off season. Gotta keep my svelte shape.
5. Just being on this team, a great group of guys who really hustle and work hard.
To summarize: In-laws are good babysitters; Julius Erving > Kenny Norman; no trans fat ban in Keystone State; Clipperdom -- all of the paparazzi/none of the glory. (Hat Tip: TrueHoop)