The Clippers add Jason Williams:

The Los Angeles Clippers made arrangements Thursday to bring in yet another new player by reaching terms with free-agent point guard Jason Williams. Williams' agent, Bob Myers, told ESPN.com that the 32-year-old -- who spent the past three seasons with the Miami Heat and who started at point guard for Miami's title-winning team in 2006 -- has signed with the Clippers.

Financial terms were not immediately available, but NBA front-office sources said Williams is receiving a one-year contract.
Williams will thus become the ninth new player acquired by the Clippers in the wake of a disastrous 23-59 season, which was followed by Elton Brand's free-agent defection to the Philadelphia 76ers.

Los Angeles native Baron Davis headlines the group of newcomers, which also includes center Marcus Camby, Williams' former Miami teammate Ricky Davis, first-round draft pick Eric Gordon, veteran forward Brian Skinner and sharpshooter Steve Novak, whom L.A. landed Wednesday in a trade with the Houston Rockets.

Williams is the third point guard to join the Clippers this summer, along with Davis and Jason Hart, who was acquired from the Utah Jazz in a July 23 trade for Brevin Knight.

The addition of Williams -- who recently attracted serious interest from Israeli giants Maccabi Tel-Aviv before Maccabi signed Orlando Magic free agent Carlos Arroyo -- all but ensures that the Clippers will not re-sign point guard Shaun Livingston. L.A. renounced its free-agent rights to the injury-plagued Livingston on July 9 to help create the requisite salary-cap space to officially sign Davis to his five-year, $65 million contract but the Clippers did have the option of trying to re-sign him.

As the report indicates, this effectively ends Shaun Livingston's career as a Clipper.

Not sure what this means, other than the Clippers have determined after years of Brunson, Parker, et al, that you can never have too many point guards.  Williams hasn't been effective for a few seasons now.  Last year with Miami, he shot below 40% from the field, and hasn't averaged more than two FTA/G since his second year in the league.   He's an awful defender, and one of the worst rebounders in the game.  But as sentient beings go, he's a better option than Smush Parker -- his turover and assist rates confirm that.

UPDATE: From Lonnie White's report in Friday morning's LAT:

Livingston, who did not receive a qualifying offer from the Clippers after the season, recently turned down a reported one-year guaranteed deal from the team.

"At this point and time, we had to move on," Baylor said about re-signing Livingston. "Shaun is not ready to make a commitment."