- One of the cooler aspects of the Clippers rise to prominence is the amount of voices now chiming in on the team and its players. Here’s an excellent piece on Los Angeles, Chauncey Billups and how it all fits together by Kate Perkins for The Classical: “Waived by the Knicks in order to acquire Tyson Chandler from Dallas, Billups openly displayed the kind of self-pity and resentment of a player well aware of his own waning light. There’s no great promise, in any case, in the dismissal “Go west, old man!” Dusk is lowering over Chauncey Billups’ career. But that, he surely knows, makes it all the more urgent for him to shine.”
- Henry Abbott of TrueHoop on the NBA Today Podcast talking Chris Paul vs Kobe Bryant in the clutch. This is required listening, mainly because it will help you deal with that Lakers fan in your life.
- Mike Downey revisits the Clippers hilariously depressing past for ESPNLA.com. Make sure to check out Shelley Smith’s video as well, if for no other reason than to hear Ralph Lawler’s best “oh me, oh my” moment of all-time.
- Kevin Arnovitz and Jordan Heimer are predictably awesome in their new podcast for ESPN. Their guest this week was basketball genius David Thorpe . Can’t recommend this highly enough, especially since they kick it off with a little Pharcyde. Bravo, gents.
- Lastly, a little housekeeping. Right after the buzzer of every game, we trot out the Lob City Ledger at ESPNLA.com. We also do ClipperBlogLive, which you can participate and listen to live a few minutes after the game right here on ClipperBlog. You can also find us creeping around in ESPN.com’s Daily Dime Live during most games, so feel free to join us there. And if you really, really like us, follow our accounts on Twitter. Self-promotion, ahoy!
Plenty more coming on the way. We’ll have a 3-on-3: Clippers-Lakers edition coming to you shortly.